Forces Online is pleased to be associated with and welcomes Change Step (Wales)
What is Change Step?Change Step is a CAIS led and DACW managed peer mentoring and advice service. This service is for military veterans and others with post traumatic stress disorder and a range of psychosocial problems who want to make positive changes to their lives.
The service is delivered by veterans for veterans and aims to support those seeking help for problems encountered as a result of military or operational duty. The programme offers peer support, training opportunities and signposting to relevant health and welfare services.
Change Step works collaboratively with statutory bodies and other relevant organisations to ensure an accessible and comprehensive framework by which to guide individuals towards the most appropriate service.
What can Change Step offer?
- Contact point for veterans, family members and carers
- Community-based peer mentoring scheme delivered by veterans for veterans
- Bespoke training opportunities
- Signposting to detoxification and rehabilitation programmes
- Signposting to mental health, wellbeing and other appropriate services
Who is Change Step for?